EPP Environmental Policy
EPP has adopted the “three R ” approach to its business:
Reduce: the amount of the Earth’s resources that we use.
Reuse: Don’t just bin it, could someone else make use of it?
Recycle: Can the materials be made into something new?
In this spirit, EPP and its employees try to balance the needs of the business against environmentally damaging practices.
EPP is committed to:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
• Actively promote recycling within the company, we have in place facilities to recycle paper, cardboard, cans, batteries, glass, and metal.
• Re-use packaging where possible when dispatching to clients to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Review and reduce our energy by switching off IT at the end of the day, using energy efficient LED light bulbs, switching our heating down a degree.
• Re-use and recycle equipment where possible.
• Regularly evaluate environmental performance by monitoring and reviewing where we can help the environment.
• Regularly assesses and review environmental impacts that our activities may cause and any changes in work activities which affect the environment.
• Ensure our grounds have wildflowers and habitats for pollinating insects including bees and other insects such as hoverflies, beetles, flies, butterflies, and moths.
• Water: we have our own water Borehole and rainwater is recycled back into a natural burn. Our pond is a natural source of water for wildlife and birds.
• Where possible, we will switch to green products i.e., recycled paper; paper instead of plastic, where possible.
• Ensure resources are made available to implement and maintain this policy.
• Reflect the needs and respect clients’ environmental policies, where possible.
• Encourage our employees to use active transport such as walking or cycling to work.
• Communicate this policy to all members of staff, with relevant training provided to increase environmental awareness and reduce pollution where possible.