EPP Environmental Policy
EPP has adopted the “three R ” approach to its business:
Reduce: the amount of the Earth’s resources that we use.
Reuse: Don’t just bin it, could someone else make use of it?
Recycle: Can the materials be made into something new?
In this spirit, EPP and its employees try to balance the needs of the business against environmentally damaging practices.
EPP is committed to:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
• Actively promote recycling within the company, we have in place facilities to recycle paper, cardboard, cans, batteries, glass, and metal.
• Re-use packaging where possible when dispatching to clients to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Review and reduce our energy by switching off IT at the end of the day, using energy efficient LED light bulbs, switching our heating down a degree.
• Re-use and recycle equipment where possible.
• Regularly evaluate environmental performance by monitoring and reviewing where we can help the environment.
• Regularly assesses and review environmental impacts that our activities may cause and any changes in work activities which affect the environment.
• Ensure our grounds have wildflowers and habitats for pollinating insects including bees and other insects such as hoverflies, beetles, flies, butterflies, and moths.
• Water: we have our own water Borehole and rainwater is recycled back into a natural burn. Our pond is a natural source of water for wildlife and birds.
• Where possible, we will switch to green products i.e., recycled paper; paper instead of plastic, where possible.
• Ensure resources are made available to implement and maintain this policy.
• Reflect the needs and respect clients’ environmental policies, where possible.
• Encourage our employees to use active transport such as walking or cycling to work.
• Communicate this policy to all members of staff, with relevant training provided to increase environmental awareness and reduce pollution where possible.
The Controllers of your personal data, in the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is EPP Ltd with which you have a current or potential business relationship with, or whose services you are using.
With this data protection declaration, we explain to you which personal data is processed for which purposes. “Personal data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Personal Data and the Purpose
We process personal data that we receive from you as part of our business relationship, i.e., during the initiation (not exhausting – social media outlets, phone, email, website and in person) implementation and execution of the contract for the service you have purchased or personal data that we collect about you in connection with the use of the service. We also process data that you voluntarily provide to us, including while attending tradeshows, events, conferences, through our website enquiry form or surveys.
1.1 Browsing our website
By browsing our website www.eppltd.com, you provide us with automatic information. The term “Automatic Information” is information automatically collected by our web server that your web browser makes available whenever you visit our website.
1.2 Providing you with requested services
To provide you with access to some services mentioned on our website (www.eppltd.com), we ask for information from you, for example, your name or an email address. We use your data, to provide you, with information or services that you have requested such as providing information about relevant services and/or promotions, answering questions about our services or sending you other marketing or promotional materials based on your selections. To provide you with the information that you have requested or that you may be interested in, we may individualise the content you requested based on the information we collect about you, or you have enquired about.
1.3 Customer Management
We process your personal data, for example, your contact information to provide you with a satisfactory customer management experience, e.g., after sales service follow-up or on-going processes about your enquiry. For this purpose, we also process your personal data as part of our management and development of our client relationships to provide you with individualised content and to assess your needs as a current, past, or potential customer.
We process your personal data to improve our services and to ensure that we can deliver the highest quality services and support to all our customers.
1.4 Legal obligation and legal enforcement
In some cases, we are under a legal obligation to process personal data. A typical example is providing data to a Government Agency under their Rules and Regulations access to our data.
Where required, we can also use your data to enforce our third-party rights (such as copyright infringements).
1.5 Providing you with information that may interest you
We aim to present you information that could be of interest to you and to communicate seamlessly over various channels (phone, email, SMS, mail, social media links and messages) without sending redundant information. Our communication with you is based on the information we collect about you and are permitted to use.
Generally, we will use collected information to inform you about our new services, promotions, and attendance at events like trade shows or exhibitions.
We only provide you with such information where we are permitted to, for example, when you have chosen to receive our promotional emails and where you did not object to our use of your data for marketing related purposes.
You have the right to contact Sharon.email@example.com for more information.
1.6 Social Media
By following us on our social media outlets, for example, Twitter @eppltd or LinkedIn we may tag you, organisations, or link organisations to information on our marketing materials, potential offers or services which may be of interest to you.
You have the right to contact Sharon.McCluskie@eppltd.com for more information.
Information on Twitter GDPR can be found here
Information on LinkedIn GDPR can be found here
2. Data Retention
We store data for as long as necessary to allow us to share with you promotions, service updates and other relevant information until you unsubscribe, which you can do at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Data without any personal identifiable information may be stored permanently.
3. Your Rights
As a data subject you have the following rights:
• You can request us to share with you, your personal data
• You can ask us to update or correct any inadequate, incomplete, or inaccurate data
• You can request the erasure of your personal data
If you have any requests or questions, please contact Sharon McCluskie, Admin Manager at Sharon.email@example.com
EPP Environmental Centre
Midlothian EH26 0PH
Company Number: SC139471
Registered at the above address.